Wednesday, July 22, 2020

An order for Evening Prayer

EARLY EVENING

The sign of the cross + may be made by all in remembrance of their Baptism.
In the name of the Father and of the + Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

A candle may be lighted.

Let my prayer rise before You as incense, the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. Psalm 141:2

Joyous light of glory: of the immortal Father; heavenly, holy, blessed Jesus Christ. We have come to the setting of the sun, and we look to the evening light. We sing to God, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: You are worthy of being praised with pure voices forever. O Son of God, O Giver of life: the universe proclaims Your glory.

Psalm and meditation

Lord’s Prayer

Prayers for others and ourselves

Concluding prayer:
Lord Jesus, stay with us, for the evening is at hand and the day is past. Be our constant companion on the way, kindle our hearts, and awaken hope among us, that we may recognize You as You are revealed in the Scriptures and in the breaking of the bread. Grant this for Your name’s sake.

OR

My Heavenly Father, I thank You, through Jesus Christ, your beloved Son, that you have protected me, by your grace. Forgive, I pray, all my sins and the evil I have done. Protect me, by your grace, tonight. I put myself in your care, body and soul and all that I have. Let Your holy angels be with me, so that the evil enemy will not gain power over me. Amen.
Amen.

Let us bless the Lord. Psalm 103:1
Thanks be to God.

The Lord bless us, defend us from all evil, and bring us to everlasting life.

5 comments:

Karen Musgrove said...

Thank you Pastor Jon for this weeks Psalms 4 --Meditation. I enjoy your videos very much. They keep me in touch with you and the church. Peace be with you. Have a blessed week.

Karen Musgrove said...

Thank you Pastor for this weeks Meditation .. Psalms 4. I enjoy seeing you on video. Keeps me in touch. Peace be with you. Have a blessed week. Stay safe!, Karen Musgrove

Karen Musgrove said...

Thank you Pastor Jon for having your brother Pastor Kurt join us in this weeks Psalms 5 evening meditation. I enjoyed his lesson especially when talking about Verse 7, when our house of worship opens, "But I, through the abundunce of your steadfast love, will enter your house." Verse 11, "But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you."

Peace be with you, have a blessed week and stay safe! Karen Musgrove

Melanchthon said...

Thank you so much, Karen

Karen Musgrove said...

Thank you Pastor Jon for this mid weeks meditation Psalms 7. Praise be to God. Peace be with you. Stay safe and have a blessed week. Karen