Friday, October 30, 2009

Greyhound Haiku

As the sun comes up
A sound breaks the morning peace
My dog is rooing!

I forget where I found this, but this is my morning (and all night) ritual. Becuase of some construction we have going on, the dog door is closed and the dog yard is not usable. Therefore, whenever one of our wonderful pets needs to use the bedroom at night, they whine on my side of the bed, or Rocky (the youngest, nutty one) barks at me. No matter how cold it might be, I stumble out into the dark, eager to crawl back into the warmth of my bed. (Please know that I do not usually do so with a cheerful disposition.)

The dogs used to wait until we woke up to feed them, but Rocky and Junior changed all that. Now, the sun comes up and they need to eat! Now!

"A sound breaks the morning peace...(no matter how many times I put my head under the covers)...My dog is rooing!"

Who needs an alarm clock?


No comments: